Sunday, March 1, 2009

A paper camera that gives instant prints

This post is about one of my favorite childhood cameras;a camera that can take portraits just the way you want and this can be made easily at home.
After my first camera, I switched to a better camera for better photography during my school days. A completely paper made camera which even delivers photographs. But there is a slight difference from other cameras; here you need to insert the prints in to the camera before subjects being photographed. I remember drawing funny pictures, probably of a monkey or even weirder things to keep inside the camera before I clicked a portrait. Sometimes I even used to keep small portraits of celebrities cut from news papers. There is something I understood from this origami camera and its instant print technology; if given a chance, everybody wants to represent beauty. Otherwise why would people come and hit me/beat me/abuse me whenever I deliver a 'monkey face' picture after they pose for a photograph? :) . I think this way portrait photography is more risky since the subject can respond back emotionally. In the case of portraits, many a times people have too many expectations from the photographer or from the latest technology.No matter how they look,when it comes to beauty, people keep expectations even it is a camera made from a piece of paper. Who in the world would like portray drawbacks if there is an option to hide it to enhance beauty? Probably, it’s because of that, somebody recommended me to wear a biker helmet for my best portrait shot. :) . Any way this is how an origami camera would look like from front side.


If anybody wants to upgrade your cameras to this 'super paper camera', this is how it is made. The video is shot with Nikon D90.



how to fold an origami camera from dhaneeshkj on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment